Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sputter, Sputter, Spark!--I think.

I think something happened this summer. I think.

I said that I wanted to see
And now I’ve seen.
I said I wanted to know.
And now I know.
I can’t pretend like these problems aren’t a motif.

So I think something happened this summer. I think.

It’s weird when you come in no strings attached.
I’m here only for this not that.
It’s scary when you may let go of one dream.
You don’t want to disappoint, not others but yourself

Even so, I think something happened this summer. I think.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I still want to get that degree
But this time it’s not just to help me
I’ve been given so much
Now I know I have much to give

Therefore, I think something happened this summer. I think.

I want to start something, maybe not here but there
Maybe it be cast to the wind and spread everywhere
I’m pretty sure right now I’m in the gutter
But from here I can look up and see the stars

And then you know, I think something happened this summer. I think.

From a minor fall to a major life
There seems to have been a shift
Talk is cheap
People want people, need people, who do

Hence, I think something happened this summer. I think.

It’s a never ending battle
It starts with the rattle.
I need to play my part.
The question is will I start.

Yes.

That’s how you know, something happened this summer. Something happened.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I'm so grateful to have gotten to experience all of this with you. I got to witness the spark! We MUST keep in touch. I have to hear all about the amazing things you will go on to do and see and think.

    ReplyDelete